What could be more romantic than hosting your destination wedding in a beachside property on a tropical island with only your closest friends and family for several days? That is what a destination wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica can be because you can create a comprehensive wedding package with as much or as little help as you wish from our wedding chefs, decorators, and planners. Let’s start planning your wedding at one of the best wedding destinations in Jamaica.
In order for your marriage to be legal, you will need to obtain a marriage license before the wedding ceremony. It is a same-day process if requested before 12 noon and the license is valid for three months. If you are arriving from another country, you will need to make sure that you are on the island at least 24 hours before the wedding ceremony and that you carry the supporting documentation, as follows:
* Picture Identification (Passport, Driver’s License or Jamaica’s National Identification);
* Birth Certificate;
* Final Divorce Decree / Decree Absolute / Divorce Certificate (If applicable);
* Death Certificate of former spouse (If applicable); and
* Documents supporting any change of name (If applicable).
* Letter of Consent if you are 16 or 17 years of age. (Letter is required from your legal parent/guardian and is to be signed in the presence of and certified by a JP or Notary Public for overseas party). (If applicable).
If your documents aren’t in English, you’ll need to have them translated by an official translator and then certified by your local Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as by your nearest Jamaican Mission or Honorary Consulate.
Detailed information of all requirements is available on the Ministry of Justice website.