JAMAICA TRAVEL ADVISORY
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has announced three weekends of lockdowns among new COVID containment measures set to start taking effect on Tuesday, March 23, 2021. The weekend lockdowns will run from noon on Saturdays to Mondays at 5 AM until April 12.
Guests will be able to move freely throughout the resort and will be able to travel from the airport to the hotel upon arrival even during curfew hours.
Curfew breakdown is as follows:
Tuesday, March 23 - Friday, March 26
8 PM to 5 AM daily
Friday, March 26
Businesses should close at noon to allow staff to do shopping.
Saturday, March 27
Curfew begins at noon and continues until Monday, March 29 at 5 AM
Monday, March 29 - Wednesday, March 31
Curfew runs from 8 PM to 5 AM, daily
Thursday, April 1 (Holy Thursday)
Businesses must close at noon
Curfew starts at 8 PM
Friday, April 2 (Good Friday)
All-day curfew until Saturday, April 3 at 5 AM.
Saturday, April 3
Curfew starts at noon until 5 AM on Tuesday, April 6.
Tuesday, April 6 - Friday, April 9
Daily curfew runs from 8 PM - 5 AM
Friday, April 9
Workplaces must close at noon
Saturday, April 10
Curfew starts at noon until Monday, April 12 at 5 AM.
Effective March 4, 2021, all persons aged 12 and over travelling to Jamaica will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test as follows:
- For travel up to March 10, 2021, the test must be conducted within ten (10) days prior to the date of travel.
- For travel on or after March 11, 2021, the test must be conducted within three (3) days prior to the date of travel.
Tests must be done by a medical laboratory that has a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) registration, an ISO 15189 certification.
All persons travelling to Jamaica require a Travel Authorization document. A Travel Authorization is NOT required to book your flight. It is however a requirement for check-in and boarding and the airlines will not allow passengers to board without it.
Please visit https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/ for the most up to date information on travel restrictions.
ONSITE COVID TESTING
S Hotel Jamaica, Montego Bay
Effective January 23, 2021, the resort will offer on-property rapid antigen testing. This COVID-19 test is administered by a healthcare professional, with results available within 30 minutes, and official results emailed within 24-48 hours. These tests are $49 USD per person. PCR tests are also available at $180 USD per person with results available between 48 and 72 hours later. Guests are asked to make appointments for testing upon check-in or by emailing our reservations department.
Spanish Court Hotel, Kingston
Effective January 23, 2021, the resort will offer rapid antigen testing. This COVID-19 test is administered by a healthcare professional, with results available within 30 minutes, and official results emailed within 24-48 hours. These tests are $49 USD per person.These tests are $49 USD per person. PCR tests are also available at $180 USD per person with results available between 48 and 72 hours later. Guests are asked to make appointments for testing upon check-in or by emailing our reservations department.
Latest CDC Guidelines for travelers returning to the US: Click here
Crissa Hotels (S Hotel Jamaica & Spanish Court Hotel) has implemented enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and social distancing protocols in accordance to the strict guidelines set out by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centre for Disease Control (CDC), Ministry of Health & Wellness Jamaica and Tourism Product Development Company Jamaica.
The hotels have implemented the following safety and sanitation measures:
- Floor markers are strategically placed in all areas to encourage physical distancing.
- Maximum capacity has been established for areas such as restaurant, spa, pools, games room, and gym to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- The number of furniture in all guest spaces has been significantly reduced and arranged to illustrate the six feet social distancing guidelines.
- Protective screens have been installed in various areas to protect guest and staff during various transactions.
- Spa treatments are done only by appointments.
- Fresh sanitized towels are provided on request at the pools and gym.
- Guestrooms are cleaned and sanitized with specific consideration given, but not limited to high touch surfaces.
- All departure rooms are fogged and air conditioning units cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers containing minimum 62% alcohol are strategically installed outside restrooms, reception, restaurant, café, elevator, spa, gym and all other highly visited guest and staff areas.
- Appropriate signage is posted in all guest and staff spaces to communicate proper hygiene practices, preventative actions, and adherence to the social distancing protocols.
- An appointed Safety Point Person (SPP) overseas and ensures all safety procedures and strict audit of records.
- Wearing of a face mask is required in all public spaces.
- Proper PPE Protocol wearing disposable masks, gloves and aprons while on duty.
- A Cleaned & Sanitized seal is affixed on all room doors after cleaning.
- Temperature checks are done regularly in high use areas like the main gate, front desk, and restaurants.
We want to reassure our guests that the measures put in place are to protect against COVID-19 transmission and that Crissa Hotels (S Hotel Jamaica & Spanish Court Hotel) is committed to providing a clean and safe environment for their visit.
July 1, 2020